Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bathing in progress!

Chez Bows now has rough walls upstairs and I am loving "my" new walk-in closet and the spaciousness of the design. The carpenters have asked us if we are moving into the guest room because it's actually a bit more spacious than the master but our new design will facilitate a better view of the harbor from our new mini-master suite so will be staying put. Sorry house guests! :-)

India was gracious and accepted our appeal for interior design assistance and helped me to begin defining two elegant baths. Our Master will be soothing and classic with "crema marfil" (neutral, cream marble) and in the guest bath I'm shooting for a beachy feel with beadboard walls, hewn stone tile and white crackle tile with a beautiful shimmer around the bath. The kids on the guest list for next Summer (Connor, Jack, Suzie Whamond and Jack Whiting) are going to love the new bath we are putting in for them! Local friends Pam Lawrence and Gail Michaud also weighed in on tile options and kept me from making a grave mistake on the backsplash. I can't wait to see the new baths!

No comments: